The Geomancer

4/1/07

Breaking Out the Bright

Although I'm still waiting on my own copies (suspense = killing me), I see that Amazon is now listing both Joel Shepherd's Breakaway and Kay Kenyon's Bright of the Sky as available to order, which means that you can now, you know, order them. But also that they are about a week away or so (if not sooner), from showing up in stores everywhere. (Regarding Bright of the Sky, signed copies are available from A Book for All Seasons.)

Meanwhile, if I may be forgiven for the reminder/plug, Publishers Weekly said of Breakaway, "Beneath the glitz of snazzy weaponry, unstoppable heroes and byzantine political machinations is a very real struggle about the nature of humanity and trust." While, in their starred review of Bright of the Sky, they said, "Kenyon's deft prose, high-stakes suspense and skilled, thorough world building will have readers anxious for the next installment."

I'm really, really anxious to see this one in the flesh (see above aside about suspense), as we used a silver treatment on the title we've not used before, eye-catching and appropriate to a mysterious river that factors in Kay's story.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:02 AM

    I see now that Paul Di Filippo, at SCI FI Weekly, has just given a very laudatory review to Bright of the Sky. Congrats to you and Ms. Kenyon. I'm looking forward to this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Fred - thanks for the heads up. I hadn't seen that one yet.

    ReplyDelete