The Geomancer

4/17/07

Breakaway: Sci-Fi at its Best

Monsters and Critics reviewer Sandy Amazeen weighs in on Joel Shepherd's Breakaway: A Cassandra Kresnov Novel, which she praises for it's "seat-of-the-pants climax" and of which she says:

"Full of political intrigue, personal revelations and rapid-fire action, this is sci-fi at its best. The plot is complex, yet it is the personal issues that rise to the forefront and force readers to examine what makes one truly human."

This is a good time to mention, too, that we've put up some sample pages of Breakaway online here. Check 'em out!

8 comments:

  1. Hi there Lou. Thanks for the link to the Breakaway sample pages. I was planning on getting it anyway - but nice to have a little taste first.
    btw the page title says "Gradisil"
    ie - the html contains :
    (title)Gradisil(/title). I'm guessing someone copied the Gradisil page :)
    While I'm here - just thought I'd say thanks for all the good work at pyr - getting some really good SF out there - and with great covers too. Oh and as an Australian I'm glad to see you exposing Aussie sf writers to a wider audience. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ian,
    Thanks for this.
    Meanwhile, ack! I was that someone. I always forget to change that. I better check them all. They're on the Prometheus server, so I'll have to let them know to do it on their end. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These books are excellent, hopefully they do well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you like them. So far, so good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, read them a few years ago. Deserving of a wider audience, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, you read the Aussie editions then?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah. I am one, and all. :) So pleased to see other people getting to read them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks. I'm pleased too!

    ReplyDelete