The Geomancer

5/28/09

James Enge Interview up at Fantasy Book Critic

James Enge, author of Blood of Ambrose,is interviewed by Mihir Wanchoo at Fantasy Book Critic. The whole interview is well worth checking out, but here's one of my favorite bits:
I believe that the greatest danger to genre fiction nowadays is not the denial of respect from some notional group of literary tastemakers but the very real likelihood that sf/f may become respectable. Those who thirst for the foamy gray poison of respectability should consider the fate of jazz, once a popular medium, now respectable, ossified and ignored.

2 comments:

  1. I really appreciate sharing this great post. Keep up your excellent work.
    vrnjacka banja smestaj
    vrnjacka banja privatni smestaj

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited. I really appreciate sharing this great post. Keep up your excellent work.
    bojanke
    bojanke za printanje
    gledanje u solju

    ReplyDelete