The Geomancer


Set the Clock Back for Retro Fun

A review of Chris Roberson's Paragaea has popped up over at SFSignal:

"In a time when science fiction seems to be taking itself way too seriously, along comes a contemporary pulp adventure that injects some fun back into the genre. ...the strong point of Paragaea is the adventure hook; and not just any adventure hook but a retro-style one. Paragaea is enjoyable for the same reason that Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow was - nostalgia. This ultimately gives the book a sheer-entertainment flavor that makes it charming."


  1. I haven't been able to get my hands on the book yet (I live in the UK). I'm looking forward to getting my mitts on a copy and I'm hoping that this is the start of a trend. I love Pulp but I don't want to read Star Wars tie ins and I suspect that I'm not alone in that respect.

  2. Any plans on this book making its way across the Atlantic?

  3. We just have N. American rights on this one, I'm afraid.